The Plant Process Engineer is responsible for the primary technical support of the plant’s manufacturing equipment as well as the maintenance department for the Kentucky facilities. This position recommends improvements in maintenance methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Plant /Process Engineer:
- Monitors and improves safety and efficiency of production processes through the use of KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators), operating personnel suggestions and personal observations.
- Provides day-to-day process troubleshooting of safety, quality and efficiency issues.
- Manages capital improvement projects, from concept to commissioning and hand-off to production personnel. Ensures all project applicable documentation is up to date and available, including PFD’s, P&ID’s, E&I’s, training and work instructions.
- Works closely with Production Management to address safety issues and customer complaints. Suggests and implements technical solutions to eliminate future occurrences.
- Uses data-driven decision making to establish PM schedules.
- Assist in the commissioning of new utility and production process systems.
- Delivers training to new and existing production personnel.
- Trained in fundamental engineering principles, have knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and improving plant utility and productions systems, including automated process controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with both management and production floor level personnel.
- Ability to provide leadership in Continuous Improvement teams.
- Displays a quantitative, fact-based approach to decision making and problem solving, by using 6-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and SPC principles.
- Knowledgeable in the standard Shamrock manufacturing processes and procedures, standard capital improvement project documentation and management of change procedures.
- Ability to influence others through cooperative, team-based interactions based on mutual respect.