$60,000 – $80,000 a year
Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Job Description – Plant Accountant
Plant Accounting is responsible for processing and maintaining fixed asset records, coordinating the month-end close and reporting processes for multi-site locations, and developing annual budgets. Along with performing cost accounting responsibilities, this person will oversee administrative duties for both locations.
Your responsibilities in the role:
- Review plant performance and record necessary accruals / adjustments for month end close.
- Ensure that the plant performance is in concert with the financial performance.
- Analyze spending variances and identify areas for corrective action. Communicate results to plant management and Corporate Accounting.
- Review manufacturing jobs for correctness. Identify jobs with large labor and overhead variances and perform root cause analysis with plant personnel.
- Ensure that all inventory and job order transactions are proper and in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Analyze labor / staffing needs in relation to production volumes and product mix
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of cycle counts. Ensure that root cause analysis of inventory adjustments is performed.
- Ensure perpetual inventory reports reconcile to general ledger.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items quarterly and work with plant personnel on plans to use.
- Prepare the annual std cost update: calculate new work center rates based upon the expense budget; load rates into the ERP system and perform the annual system updates and ensure std costs are correct. Calculate standard costs for new products and process improvement changes to products.
- Work with designated plant personnel to perform routine audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Ensure the highest volume items are tracking closely to the std times and material.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets and ensure that assets are reconciled to the general ledger.
- Review request for capital to ensure that the financial justifications are reasonable.
- Prepare annual budget in conjunction with plant management and monitor for compliance throughout the year.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and reporting requirements.
- Identify process improvement opportunities / efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Maintain leases and serve as primary liaison with vendors.
- Maintain cell phone accounts, new phones, etc.
- Act as liaison between the sites and corporate IT.
- Serve as primary contact for local property & liability insurance carrier. Coordinate onsite visits, prepare responses in coordination with corporate accounting.
- Maintain petty cash accounts and records and payroll account as needed.
- Maintain certificates of liability insurance for all vendors.
- In coordination with corporate accounts payable, process invoices and maintain files as needed.
- Process expense reports.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting; with at least three years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Strong Computer skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong documentation skills
- Well-developed written/verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with internal customers, as well as an interactive team environment
- Possess the ability to work in a deadline-oriented, fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- The role will interact across functional lines and will require close communications with numerous site operations personnel and finance managers. Some US travel to plant sites will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Are you comfortable and able to commute to the job’s location?
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: One location