Purpose and Scope
Overall responsibility for the leadership and execution of technology development and market alignment of new and existing products. Responsible for maintaining technical service for a global company in coatings, inks and polymer technologies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead teams in the development of product formulations and process scale-up to meet commercial requirements for the finished product.
• Define and manage the scope of projects and ensure projects are aligned with Product Development decisions and strategies.
• Coordinate individuals in various fields to work as a team to accomplish company goals. This including analytical, manufacturing, regulatory, quality control, sales and project management staff to ensure successful execution of formulation and process development activities to meet sales.
• Identify training needs within the department and ensure training requirements are met.
• Communicate the success and failures to Senior Management.
• Ensure compliance with all Safety Guidelines and Company Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Prior experience in the development and formulation of coating additives
• Interest and drive to work in areas outside of coatings.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Effective skills in communication, problems solving, troubleshooting, organizational, along with oral and written communications.
Education Skills and Expertise
• BS or higher in Chemistry or related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in coating formulations, additives and applications