High Thickening Efficiency
Fluoro GE sub-micron PTFE are powders made from emulsion grade Natural Prime PTFE. These products cover a range of molecular weights to determine dispersability, thickening and performance properties. Due to the small particle size, the GE products have a larger specific surface area when compared to other PTFE.
- Increases as primary particle size (PPS) decreases
- Increases as Bulk Density decreases
- Increases with Molecular Weight
- Using a PTFE with same particle size/density, but much larger MW, may lead to gummy consistency at the same loading in a given grease
- Particle Size: The Primary Particle Size of the PTFE can affect the wear resistance
- Depends on contact surface (point, line, plane)
- Submicron particles better for point/line contacts
- Larger particles are better for planar contacts
- Molecular Weight:
- Lower Molecular weight PTFE imparts better wear resistance performance.
- A higher molecular weight PTFE results in higher 4 Ball friction force, and a higher likelihood of a slip-stick event. This results in a larger wear scar when compared to a lower molecular weight PTFE.
Fluoro GE products are used for applications such as aerosol lubricants, mold release, gasket grease, extreme pressure grease, bearing lubricants and other products. This product can be used in NSF grade greases and lubricants.
|Product||Mean Particle Size (µm)||Cone Penetration||4 Ball Wear Scar||Bulk Density|
|Method||ISO 13320||ASTM D217||ASTM D2266||ASTM D4894|
|Fluoro GE 100||< 1 µm||250-270 1/10mm||0.55-0.65||200-400 g/l|
|Fluoro GE 125||< 1 µm||255-275 1/10mm||0.40-0.50||200-350 g/l|
|Fluoro GE 150||< 1 µm||260-280 1/10mm||0.30-0.40||200-400 g/l|