Title: Midwest Sales Representative Department: Sales Americas
Location: Regionally Located Reports: Director of Sales, Americas
Purpose of Position
The Midwest Sales Representative is responsible for all sales function in his/her assigned region, by managing the overall quality promise of Shamrock Technologies. Within sales and with the support of others, shall be responsible for coordinating and performing sales tasks for the company’s products including; Commercialization, Customer Relationship Management, Pre-Sales management, Product Management and other related responsibilities assigned to them from time to time.
- Present and sell company products and service to current and potential clients.
- Create schedule to maximize visibility at current and potential clients.
- Maintain current client relationships, while building new relationships.
- Follow-up on internal leads generated from multiple sources.
- Identify new markets and customers by various marketing approaches.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts for managerial approval.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff visits inside designated regions.
- Maintain and utilize all business management software offered by the company.
- Prepare quotes and pricing information with Sales Management.
- Prepare business forecast and monthly updates as requested by Sales Management.
- Supervise payment morality of her/his region.
- Coordinate with technical team to develop and implement strategic product announcements in his/her region.
- Networking in regional groups or conferences in business related markets.
- Ownership of all customer related problems until resolution is agreed upon.
Essential Job Functions
Technical: Level of competence as required for role
Additive Sales: Preferable experience or background as it relates to our industries.
Chemistry: Advanced understanding of basic chemistry terminology and its relationships to the delivery of materials.
Value Selling: The understanding and ability to sell based on the total value offering of Shamrock Technologies.
Behavioral: Level of Competence as required for role
Negotiating Skills: Ability to negotiate for the best interest of Shamrock Technologies.
Communications: Ability to communicate internally and externally at high levels.
Autonomy: Able to work unsupervised and as a part of a team.
Multi Tasking: Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, has strong attention span, ability to keep multiple tasks going while bringing them to completion in a timely manner.
Creativity: Creative and able to put together plans that meet a broad spectrum of opportunities and situations.
Back ground Level of competence as required for role
Business Experience: Preferably 5-10 years sales and marketing experience in the inks and coatings, plastics, lubricants, cosmetics markets with proven track record of success.
Business Approach: Entrepreneurial sales approach.
Education: Preferably a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree.
Traveling: This position requires a minimum of 80% out of office and 50% over night travel time to current and potential clients.
- In planning customer and prospect visits the account manager has to achieve high travel efficiency. The travel policy is directly related to the performance criteria of minimum 50-80% travel time.
- Travel efficiency is related to cost and time efficiency.
- Multiple visits should be combined in order to achieve high travel efficiency cost and time wise, the goal is to arrange 2-3 meetings per day.
- Reporting: Meeting notes and reports are due in the designated systems within 72 hours of visit time. This can be completed while traveling with the use of the company supplied notebook and software packages.
- Valid driver license is required
Flexible Time: This position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule and will require overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Languages: Bilingual E/SP is a plus, additional languages are welcome.